Sunday, November 17, 2013

Ralph, Black Lab Portrait


Ralph
11 x 14 Oil
Carole Rodrigue
Copyright 2013
Sold

Hello art lovers, I'm changing things up a little today. It's been a long time since I've posted an animal artwork, but now that the holiday season is approaching, this means commissions. I will not be posting daily paintings as often for the next little while in order to push through these commissions in time, but I will try to get some in.

Painting Ralph was bittersweet. Ralph passed away a year and a half ago, so it's always so important to me to capture someone's beloved pet in the best way possible. Ralph's human mom gave her seal of approval and loves the painting, as do her boys. This pleases me immensely. I want to be sure that a pet portrait truly reflect the animal's spirit and brings joyful memories for years to come.

I'm working on another dog portrait and should have a new painting to share this week unless the owner would rather wait until after Christmas. I will keep you posted! If you want your pet captured in a special portrait, just contact me for information. The fee is $175.00 for an 8 x 10 oil or $200.00 for an 11 x 14 oil, plus shipping. Larger portraits can be arranged.

I hope you enjoyed this painting, and until next time, thank you for stopping by! :-)

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

He is beautiful!!! Looking forward seeing your next commission....