Friday, January 10, 2014

Lunch, Eggs & Salt Shaker Still Life



Lunch
8 x 10 Oil on masonite
Carole Rodrigue copyright 2014


Here is my second painting of 2014, an 8 x 10 still life.  I've mentioned before how I love the challenge of painting eggs.  These simple object can be easily messed up if not done quite right, and I'm satisfied with these.  Painting the salt shaker was also a joy, trying to get the exact values and shadows in the white, as well as getting the glass and steel just right.  

I haven't done any daily paintings yet this year but I think I'm going to do one this weekend.  It's been a while since I've done a daily, so I'm up to the challenge again.  I hope you enjoy this one, and you can click here to view on eBay where it's listed for auction with a very low starting bid of $49.99.  

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

This is a gorgeous still life, Carole. perfect reflections!!!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thanks! It was fun to paint!