Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pear Daily Oil Painting

Pear No. 2
7 x 5 Oil
Carole Rodrigue copyright 2014

Here is the first Daily Painting of 2014! This one is available through eBay for a very low opening bid of $0.99 only.  It is painted in the classical realism style, but alla prima.

Many of you have asked what is a daily painting. Daily paintings are an exercise and also part of a movement that was started several years ago by Duane Keiser. Since then many artists have participated in this movement.  Many quickly give up or do it only temporarily as an exercise, and many have gone on to develop successful careers as daily painters, such as Abbey Ryan.  

Daily paintings are quick studies completed in less than a day.  The purpose of the exercise for me is to hone my skills, force myself to keep working in the studio, and to keep my creative energy in a constant flow.  Through these exercises, I have noticed development in my art as well as other areas of my life.  Let me note that there is a huge difference between a daily painting and a painting that has taken many hours and days to develop.  This is why you will see a difference in price also.  Works which are not daily paintings take much more work, have more detail, and have several layers of paint to achieve the  desired result.

So there you have it, the daily painting movement explained really briefly.  Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.  I'm always pleased to answer!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

EXCELLENT piece...I love this one!

Carole Rodrigue said...

I truly appreciate your comment! Thank you!