Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Silver & Fruit II Daily Oil Painting


Silver & Fruit II
8 x 10 Oil on hardboard
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

After having painted Silver & Fruit last week, I enjoyed the piece so much that I decided to paint a complementary painting but with  a different piece of silver and a pear instead of an orange.  Red pears are such a luscious deep shade of red, and oh so fun to paint! I've been deliberately neglecting shining my silver too, I must admit.  There's something about those dark shades and other colors that show through tarnished silver that make them so appealing in art.  I suppose I will have to shine everything soon, but for now I'm enjoying painting these tarnished pieces.  If you would like to bid on this one, you may click here.  Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

Beautiful piece, Carole! I LOVE the silver bowl...the reflections are amazing!!!