Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Apples & Teapot, Today's Painting a Day


Apples & Teapot
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

Here is today's painting.  This one took all day, up until just before 9:00 tonight.  A lot of hours have gone into this one in order to achieve the effect I was looking for.  Alla Prima painting doesn't have to leave heavy brush marks.  One can achieve a level of realism with a little added work. Not that I mind visible brush marks; I am a fan of brushwork and do like them. I do, however, love realism and blended finishes.  That's why I do what I do!  I'm very satisfied with how this turned out, and it was worth the work! I hope you like it too. If you do, you can click here to bid on eBay.  Thanks for looking! 

P.S.  Did you know that I usually post a couple of close up detail shots on eBay? 

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Fantastic work, Carole! That tea pot left me speechless! Love it!

Carole Rodrigue said...

I'm so glad you like it! I put a lot of work in that teapot, but i always enjoy painting it every time i use it in a piece. :-)