Thursday, June 26, 2014

Bosc Pear Daily Painting



Pear No. 4 
6 x 6 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

There's something about painting Bosc pears that I just love, almost as much as I love painting apples.  The way they glow their golden splendour against a dark background gives them a classical feel that I absolutely love.  I love the feel of them so much that I'm starting to paint one just for myself.  I really must have one in my dining room.  This one, however, is up for auction on eBay in case you would like one also.  Bids start at only $25.00.  

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

I love how the dark background, Carole...The pear is absolutely beautiful!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you! The background in this photo doesn't do it justice though. Again, Blogger distorts the colours and the photo doesn't at all look the the real photo. They enhance stuff too much which distorts everything . The background is a black mixed with burnt umber, cobalt, blue, and alizarin. It's quite better than this version of Blogger's photo.