Monday, June 16, 2014

Bosc Pears, Daily Painting


Bosc Pears
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

These gorgeous Bosc pears were sitting around the house and became today's subject.  I love painting pears in the classical style.  To me, there's something that creates such an atmosphere in pears painted this way.  I guess that's why I do still life also.  There's always the opportunity to take mundane, ordinary objects and express their beauty through paint by focusing on the intensity of the colors, as well as the lighting.  Such strong contrasts create drama and atmosphere, bringing out the beauty in something so simple as fruit.

I hope you like this one! It's up for auction and the link is above underneath the photo.  I'll be back tomorrow, and thanks for stopping by.  <3

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

Amazing painting!!!