Friday, June 20, 2014

Magpie & Apples Still Life


Magpie and Apples
30 x 20 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

At last, I'm getting to post this painting that I had started months ago.  It's finally done and on its way to the La Cloche art show.  Hopefully it makes it in! 

While we were in Banff last fall, we decided to take a ride out to Field, B.C. and this is where I had photographed this magpie.  There were several of them hanging out at the tourist stop, hoping for handouts from all the visitors.  I had never seen this specific magpie and found them to be such a beautiful bird with all of their shimmering colours.  I especially loved this one, looking straight at me,  fearless.  

Last night was also the RBC function at the Grand Art Show and many people came and enjoyed themselves for a couple of hours.  It was certainly a great even and I met many wonderful people.  I managed to get a couple of photos to share so here is one of them, showing just how well this event turned out.  RBC is a sponsor for the Grand Art Show and regularly supports the arts!  Thank you RBC!!! 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

It certainly looks like a very successful show Carole!!! LOVE this painting of Magpie and Apples.. The bird on the apples is so beautiful and I'm SURE it will make it in!!! Best of luck!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you! I'm going to start adding more birds in my still life work. I just love birds, I love painting them, and I find they make still life so interesting. But I guess they're not really still lifes after. :-)