Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Strawberry & Silver Daily Painting


Strawberry & Silver 
6 x 6 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

It's that time of year in some areas where plump, delicious strawberries are waiting to be picked.  The season here is a little later, usually around July the 1st.  I'm not sure we'll have them at that time with the cold spring we had, so thank heaven for the store! I haven't painted enough strawberries and I'm thinking I should paint more.  I have plans for a larger piece once I'm done my giant violin painting.

By the way, I'm going to take the opportunity to remind everyone that The Grand Show will be hosting its opening reception Saturday, June 14th from 1:00-4:00 at Open Studio, 93f Cedar St., here in Sudbury.  There will be giant works from 10 artists including myself. I'm honoured that I'll be showing with the great Ivan Wheale and other area artists represented by Artists on Elgin. It's sure to be a fantastic show with such huge works displayed.  Please do come if you're in the area!

Take care for now and I'll be back tomorrow with a new painting.  :-)

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

Love the silver goblet and the perfect strawberry, Carole! Wonderful work!!