Friday, July 18, 2014

Apple No. 4 Daily Painting



Apple No. 4 (unframed)
5 x 7 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

My painting for today is a simple apple on a napkin.  I also added a photo of it framed just to show how it looks in the frame.  It's a tromp l'oeuil and I love how once framed, it looks as though you could reach in and pull out the apple and napkin.  They seem to float inside the frame.  This is also the same effect I created with "Return to Sender", my package painting which was inspired by Claudio Bravo.  Bravo was the master of paper, fabric, and package paintings.  

I also started my rough sketch in oil for my larger painting which will be exhibited at the end of August.  At this stage, I'm still open to changing some things in the layout and am toying with another idea for something that could be added.  I'll decide by tomorrow.  Tonight, I'm going to start laying colour on the background and the crow.  I can't tell you how excited I am to be painting a crow! Keep stopping by because new work will be coming next week and I will post progress shots of this crow piece.  Have a great weekend!



No comments: