Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Lemon & Finger Bowl Daily Painting


Lemon & Finger Bowl
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

Today's painting is a lemon with a finger bowl.  It's been a while since I painted a lemon so I figured it was time I did.  I set up my props with natural back lighting, as I enjoy doing so much.  I often paint with artificial light for some of my work, especially chiaroscuro, but natural lighting also brings  something to a painting which artificial light can't.  There's a certain subtlety in natural lighting that I find calming and it works really well for me and my style.

If you like this one, you can click here to view on eBay and to place a bid.  There are also close up shots on eBay.  See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

An outstanding still life, Carole!
The lemon is incredible!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you! And thanks for always stopping by to comment. :-)