Monday, July 14, 2014

Roma Tomatoes, Eggs, & Bottle Daily Painting


Roma Tomatoes, Eggs, & Bottle 
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue 2014


Today's painting had me in an Italian mood.  The basil sprig came from my garden, but my Roma tomatoes aren't yet ready, so to the supermarket it was.  The bottle of balsamic is in my opinion, gorgeous.  Yes, I find bottles beautiful.  The tomatoes have already met their demise too as they were used in homemade bruschetta tonight.  :-D

I'm not yet sure what I'll paint tomorrow.  I need to work on a couple of larger pieces and I would like to find some birds to incorporate into these larger still lifes. My neighbours might just find me in their backyard stalking their feeder for these bird references.  I've been asked to participate in a show at the end of August, and this show has me very, very excited.  I'll share more when I can, but all I'll say for now is I'm thrilled that I'll be part of this landmark event.  It might be part of a documentary as well . . . I think . . .  I'll let you know later.  ;-)

If you like this painting, click here to bid on eBay.  Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Carole. The basil looks wonderful and love the perfect glow on the tomatoes.
I look forward to hearing all about the show in August.. Good luck with it!

Carole Rodrigue said...

I will definitely post the info soon. Thank you!