Friday, July 4, 2014

Tiffany Painting and La Cloche Award


Tiffany Box & Charm No. 2
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014
Private commission, SOLD


This painting was commissioned for a little baby girl that is yet to be born.  It's a pretty special gift so I am honoured that I was asked to paint this.  I really hope this will be treasured for a long time as  this baby grows into adulthood, knowing this gift was planned even before her birth by someone who already loves her.  I just love it when gifts have such special meaning and especially if I have something to do with it.  As the saying goes, I get the warm fuzzies.  :-)

Also, tonight was the artists' reception at the La Cloche art show in Whitefish Falls.  I'm very happy to announce that "Magpie & Apples" placed 1st in the oil category. Yay!  ~insert big toothy grin~

The show this year is spectacular! Every year, it seems the bar is raised as more and more new talent joins the roster of juried artists. There are so many fantastic pieces in the show and it is something to see if you're in the area.  The show opens tomorrow, June 5 and runs until Sunday, June  13.  Northern Ontario is home to some of the greatest artists and this show proves it.

I'm closing off with two photos from tonight's reception, one of me accepting my prize, and another of me with my winning painting.  Thanks so much for having a look, and have a great weekend everyone!



No comments: