Thursday, July 10, 2014

Wax Paper, Shell, & Silver Daily Painting


Wax Paper, Shell, & Silver
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014


Today's painting is a study of wax paper.  I'm a great admirer of the work of Sadie Valeri who often uses wax paper in her work.  I thought I'd give it a try in this piece.  What I've learned is that wax paper is oh so much more challenging than it looks.  While this is only a quick study painted in one day, it is a subject I plan on revisiting in the future and to give it much more time in order to truly capture all of the small intricate details and variation of colour and form in wax paper. This was a tough challenge but a worthwhile one.  Every time I learn something while painting, it's a great session.

This is now up for auction on eBay.  There are also close up shots there that you can view by clicking here.  

No comments: