Monday, August 4, 2014

Baby Eggplants and a Crow


Baby Eggplants
 8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014


Having seen so many beautiful eggplant paintings and never having painted one myself, I just had to try my hand at them today.  I painted this one this afternoon and I must say a more delicious colour to paint probably does not exist.  What a rich wonderful colour these are and such a joy to put on canvas! I think I'll be painting many more of these in the future.  I don't know what took so long.  On my list for future pieces are also little turnips.  They also have this gorgeous purple that's calling at me.

Below, I posted a studio shot of my latest large work.  This one is headed for a show in Killarney at the end of the month and I'm so delighted to have added a bird again in a still life. I'm going to have to get a feeder so I can photograph more birds.  I need birds in many paintings!

I hope you enjoy these.  The eggplant piece is up on eBay for only $50.00.



Corvus
18 x 24 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

No comments: