Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Miniature Red Peppers and Southwest Pottery



Peppers & Pottery
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

For today's painting I chose some pottery I have with miniature peppers from my garden.  When I purchased these peppers, I thought I was buying green peppers.  I chose the prettiest, bushiest plant from the green pepper section and it was only recently once the peppers started turning red that I notice the tag said these were little hot peppers.  Always check the tag! Anyway, this means I'll have to keep buying green peppers instead of eating my own from the garden, but these look so hot and pretty in a painting.  The pottery comes from New Mexico from an aunt that lived there for a few decades.  I have several of these treasured vases and have painted them before.  There are more that I plan to use in the future, along with turquoise. Perhaps in a larger piece, with a cow skull I have. The things artists collect . . . :-)

This one is now up on eBay.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

Excellent piece!!