Monday, September 29, 2014

Mango, Alla Prima Oil Still Life


Mango
5 x 7 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

Yes, it's true, I haven't painted many dailies lately.  I've been painting other larger pieces as well as working on this commission pictured below.  I'm somewhat easing back into the dailies again starting with this alla prima mango.  It is now up on eBay.

The painting below is a large piece that was a private commission.  It is now on its way to its new home and I hope my client will love it more in person.  There's a deep, rich red around the pear that the photo doesn't capture.  The combination of the colours in the pear, along with this dark red that fades to black is absolutely beautiful.  I plan on doing more similar fruits in the future using 18K gold leaf.  

I hope you enjoy these two pieces! 



Single Pear
36 x 36 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014
SOLD, Private Commission 

No comments: