Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Silver Tea Pot & Hydrangea


Silver Tea Pot & Hydrangea
8 x 10 alla prima oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014


I hope everyone had a safe and fun Labour Day weekend! I had a fabulous weekend in Toronto with family and couldn't have asked for a better time.

This painting was done alla prima today using a tea pot from a set that was given to my parents on their wedding.  My mother passed a few years ago so having things from her around the house are very dear to me and help keep her memory close.  Of course hydrangeas are just everywhere right now and I absolutely love them! They're the last big show before then end of summer, and they do put on a great one for quite a while.

I hope you enjoy this one.  If you do, it's up on eBay now for a low starting bid of $49.99.  Have a great day and I'll be back with more art!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

A beautiful silver tea pot!!
Love those gorgeous reflections!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you! I love painting silver. In fact, I've been asked to teach about 100 high school kids to paint silver next month. It should be interesting. :-)