Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fall Gourds Daily Painting Still Life


Fall Gourds
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

These little gourds sit on my coffee table in a lovely fall arrangement.  Sometimes you can sit for hours wondering what to paint and the answer lies in front of you the whole time. This is the beauty of still life painting.  There's no need to trek through nasty weather to paint the perfect location under the perfect lighting, or patiently taking thousands of photos to find the right pose while photographing animals who refuse to stay still.  I've done both and enjoyed it, but my heart still lies in still life.  I do plan on some plain air painting soon though, even though I've been saying it for ages it seems.  I will get to it some day.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy this one which is now up on eBay.

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

It's so true that all our reference lies in front of us!!. These Fall gourds are beautifully painted, Carole. Wonderful colors and texture.

Carole Rodrigue said...

It's a good thing I paint still life because many days I would be stuck not knowing what to paint! Thanks for the kind words. :-)