Monday, October 20, 2014

Royal Albert Tea Cup and Lemon Daily Painting


Royal Albert & Lemon
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014


I'm back.  I took a week off from painting last week getting ready for and giving art workshops to about 75 students from all over the province of Ontario.  The event, Vision Art, (sorry, link in French only) was held at Laurentian University in Sudbury and put on by the Conseil Scolaire Catholique du Nouvel Ontario for over 200 students.  Activities took place over a three day period and I must say that I was so impressed with the talent the students exhibited.  I was also very honoured to be selected to be on this team, instructing art to our youth, our future leaders. Each and every one of those kids were amazing and it was a real joy to work with them.

Now, my first painting this week was inspired by a Royal Albert tea cup I found at a vintage shop in Toronto's Distillery District.  It was exactly what I had been looking for so I couldn't pass it up when I saw it.  Who could leave behind such a beautiful cup?

This is now up on eBay for bids if you're interested.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: