Thursday, November 13, 2014

Indian Teapot with Fruit Daily Painting


Teapot with Fruit
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

I painted this little gem today with the low light coming in from the window.  I felt this light was the best choice due to the teapot.  It's handmade in India, dented and crooked, and has a very low sheen.  I'm not sure what it's made of but it's not shiny like a polished silver.  I kept all of the lighting throughout the objects very low and soft to complement the pot.  The bosc pears and apple made an appearance again.  What it is that I love to paint about these fruits so much? I really have no idea.  I just love painting these.  The bosc pears are my favourite to paint in all the pear varieties.  It must be the varying colours that come with them, from tinges of green at times, to deep golds and browns.  They're just as delicious to paint as they are to eat.

This is now up on eBay for a very low starting bid.  Have a great night!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Another beauty, Carole! I love the teapot..very unusual and the color brings the pears and apples right out...

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you. It is very unusual, and exotic. That's what attracted me to it. Have a great weekend!