Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Candy Cane Daily Painting



Candy Cane & Ornament
6 x 6 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014


It was slow going today and by late afternoon I still wasn't sure what I would paint, but then my subject was right in front of me as I looked down at the kitchen counter and saw the candy cane sitting almost saying, "Pick me!" So, I picked the candy cane along with an ornament for a companion.  The background colour here shows off a little.  It's actually a greying white all over but the photo keeps coming out like this.  This will be the last Christmas themed painting for this year. It was a delight to paint this little one, alla prima.  :-)

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

You ended the Christmas theme with a winner, Carole. This is painted beautifully....the background color is perfect showing off the red ornament!!!
nice work!

Carole Rodrigue said...

I'm so glad you think it's a winner! Thanks again for the great comments. :-)