Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Violin on Satin Study


Violin on Satin
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2014

This little treasure  has been on my easel all week.  I made my drawing on Monday and painted it yesterday and today.  It's not a daily painting, but it is still up on eBay for a smashing starting bid.  This is a study and you can be sure that a variation on this theme will end up in a larger painting.  I'm very enamoured with the white satin that takes on a creamy glow in the light, paired up with the violin.  I've always loved violin paintings but was never able to paint them since I don't own one.  This one was borrowed from my niece and I'm thrilled to finally be able to work with a violin in my works.

I will try my hardest to do another piece or two before the holidays.  Until then, take care and thank you for stopping by.  :-)

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

This has to be my favorite of your paintings, Carole...It's fantastic!!!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

I'm so glad you think that! I'm speechless and honored. Thanks!