Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Onion & Silver Oil Still Life


Onion & Silver
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2015

Welcome to 2015 and my first painting of the year! Last year, I painted over 92 paintings, mostly small works, but a few were larger works that took several weeks to create. For this year, I decided I need a slight change in direction. By this I mean that I won't be working on "daily" paintings anymore. Instead, I'll mostly paint 8 x 10 sizes and will work on these for 2-3 days, trying to produce 2-3 pieces a week.

Rushing to get through a piece in a day wasn't cutting it for me anymore and beginning to take the enjoyment out of the process. I would rather take more time and enjoy what I'm creating rather than groan just to get something done by the end of the day. These are still studies done in less time than I normally take to work on full pieces.

For this reason, my prices will go up slightly higher for the paintings I list on eBay. The prices are still waaayyyy below what I should be charging just the same. Hopefully, this will help me create better pieces as well. My eBay pieces are still a fantastic way for anyone to be able to afford original oil paintings for a bargain price. 


May everyone have a great year and thank you for being a part of this artistic journey with me.  I appreciate every person who takes the time to come and look at my art.  Many blessings to all of you!  <3

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Happy New Year!!! This is such a beautiful painting to start the year with Carole! I love how you painted the onion... so realistic
as always!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you! I'm glad you like this and have a great new year!