Thursday, January 8, 2015

Still Life with Peeling Paint and Lock


TLA No. 2
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2015

My second piece for the new year is also the second instalment of my TLA (true love always) series. I had painted a slightly larger one a few years ago that was juried into a show and sold.

The memories that this theme brings to me are priceless.  When I paint these, I envision warm sunny days with my friends, talking about girlhood crushes and carving the TLA and heart on trees and fences, writing it in sand, and even in the air with our fingers.  It's wonderful to be taken back to a time that is so heartwarming.  

This is now up on eBay for a much, much lower price than what the first one sold for.  Don't miss this one!

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

LOVE this piece! You captured the antigue look in this painting.
Wonderful work, Carole.!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you so much!