Thursday, October 22, 2015

Fall Pumpkins Oil Still Life


Pumpkins
6 x 6 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2015


Hi everyone!  It's that time of year with fall colours and fall harvests, which of course, inspires art.  What's not to love at this time of year with all of the rich warm tones which in a way betray the approaching cold and greys of winter.

This painting is a little 6 x 6.  I keep wanting to paint larger pieces with pumpkins and try various still life arrangements, but can never completely settle on one to paint.  So, I satisfied the need to paint by doing a small quick study.   Sometimes that's all it takes.  Maybe next year I'll have the larger painting that I want.

Right now, I have violins on my mind.  One violin painting sits on my easel waiting to be finished, but I have the urge to start another fun violin piece with an added special something.  I've been asked by many people many times to paint this special something and now I feel the need.  I'm inspired.  I gotta do it.

Until then, take care everyone and hopefully I'll be back really soon with that special painting, but I don't want to rush.  :-)

#pumpkinpaintings #fallpaintings #oilstilllife #Canadianartists #realism #realistart 

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

This is fabulous Carole! I love this season so much but I really dread the winter months.....although paintings of the snow can be very beautiful. Lol. Again, I love how realistic this piece is and look forward to your violin! I know it will be amazing! Take your time!