Friday, October 2, 2015

Speed Painting Video: Lemons


Lemons Still Life
8 x 10 Oil 
Carole Rodrigue © 2015


I've been having one foot in my studio and one foot out for months now.  I've worked on projects, but things kept happening to keep me away. The latest was a pinched nerve in my neck that had me debilitated for a few weeks now.  My arm was completely rendered useless. If I were to assume the cause, I would say it's from painting.  Occupational hazard.  I suppose it just goes with the territory when you spend long hours daily humped over your work.

 I'm on the mend now, so of course the first thing I wanted to do was paint.  Lemons. Need you ask?

I had also wanted to experiment with speed painting videos for the longest time.  I finally figured out the logistics and created a video of this painting.  It's now up on YouTube and I inserted the video here on this post.  It's a quick little painting demo about 5 hours condensed into just under six minutes.

All I'm going to say is that I still need a better set up for recording.  I had the tripod almost directly in front of the painting as I reached across with my right arm (the sore one) to paint.  It wasn't long before the pain came back in my neck, but I persisted.  You just can't keep me away for too long.

I hope to make more of these in the future. Enjoy the brief glimpse into my creative world.

P.S.  The painting is available on eBay.  

P.P.S.  I've got info on YouTube listing the paint colours used in case someone is learning how to paint lemons, or is just curious.




#speedpainting #speedpaintingvideo #stilllife #oilpainting #lemonpaintings #lemonpainter #lemons #howtopaintlemons 

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Thank you so much for sharing that video with us...more..more... You're so talented and I love your work. I hope you're feeling better Carole...I agree and think its because of painting.. sometimes we have to keep away from it for awhile so we can heal. Right now I have a VERY annoying floater in my eye and I have problems painting with a spider web in front of my vision...lol so I haven't painted in a few weeks. It has subsided so I think I'll try again next week! Like you said we can't stay away!!! I will look at your other videos...

Carole Rodrigue said...

Oh no! I hope it's nothing serious with your eyes. We artists need good eyes! And it does feel so good when going back to painting after a hiatus. I'm also working on a violin and can't wait to get back to it tonight. No video for that one though, but I will be making more. I've caught the bug. :-D

Thank you so much for your continued support Hilda. You rock! xo