Thursday, November 12, 2015

Dog Oil Painting Demo


Taja, Shih Tzu Portrait
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2015


This painting took a while.  It wasn't the painting itself that created issues, but the recording of the process.  I wanted to create a video showing the work in progress and boy, did I have issues!  I even lost about 1.5 hours of recording, but in the end, it turned out well because I had to condense over 8 hours of painting into less than fifteen minutes.  So, yes, a lot had to be edited out by necessity.  

I'm really enjoying creating these videos.  I've been told by so many people that they enjoy seeing the process. So many people don't know what exactly is involved in creating a painting and many think that you just put brush down to canvas and a perfect section instantly appears.  Not so.  It takes many layers of paint, many hours, and a lot of thinking and planning to execute a painting.  Even before the first dab of paint appears, hours of work have gone into planning and preparation, sketching . . . 

I do hope that you like this painting.  If you do, please feel free to share my video, post the photo on Pinterest with credit, just share.  I am of course available for private commissions so please do not hesitate to contact me for info.  I have tips on how to prepare your pet photos for a commissioned painting at carolerodrigue.com 


Thanks for popping in and having a look.  Please enjoy the video! 






#speedpainting #dogpaintingdemo #howtopaintdogs #petportraitsinoil #oilpaintings #paintinganimals #animalart #dogart #petportraits 

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

What can I say, Carole!!! I just finished my breakfast and coffee while watching this fabulous video!!!! Thank you for sharing. We never realize what it entails to do a portrait!! I enjoyed seeing this little pooch come to life!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you! I'm really enjoying recording these. I'm actually planning another right now and am so eager to start!