Friday, December 11, 2015

New Oil Painting Demo! Santa Baby III


Santa Baby III
6 x 8 oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2015
Available, please contact


Hello!  I painted this little gem and recorded the process.  This is the third yearly Santa Baby painting.  In the first two years, I painted the same ornament, but I wanted to change it up this year and this little guy was perfect.  It also satisfied my desire to paint a snowman too.

Recording this wasn't without issues.  I record using an iPad, using several sort clips that I have to upload as I go along otherwise I run out of room on the iPad.  I stitch all the clips together when I create the video.  Finding the right angle to get a good view is difficult too, but these things will all fall into place as I do more.

The biggest issue I had was loosing my video four times as I worked in iMovie.  I cannot stress how stressed I was! I'm putting it mildly when I say that there was a lot of frustration and I felt like banging my head on my desk many times.  The worst was the fourth time I lost it.  I was done, music and all.  I was just inserting the very last tile for the music credits, and boom.  My Mac froze and the only way out was to force a quit. Every time I've had to force a quit, I lost everything.  Can you imagine my pleasant surprise when I reopened the app and saw my full video there intact? I wanted to dance on my desk!

So, that's my latest adventure in movie-making.  And do you think this would deter me from making more? Nope.  No way Jose.  I'm planning the next one already . . .  Stay tuned!

If I don't get a chance to post again before Christmas, please consider this post as my Merry Christmas to everyone.  I thank you all so much for your support and for having visited my art blog throughout the last year.  Thank you, and many blessings to you and yours!  xoxoxo  <3








#oilpaintingdemo #artdemo #paintingdemonstration #paintinglesson #speedpainting #artcollectors #Christmasart #Christmaspainting #Santapaintings #snowmanpaintings #fineart #oilpainting


2 comments:

hmuxo said...

The process was so wonderful Carole...thank you for sharing... I enjoy the video SO much and hope you'll continue doing them. This painting is beautiful!!
Happy Holidays to you and your family!!! Hilda :)

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you so much Hilda. All my best to you and your family too! And I'll be making more videos. I'm just barely getting warmed up. ;-)