Thursday, January 14, 2016

A New Alla Prima Oil Painting



Silver & Fig
6 x 6 Oil, alla prima
©2016 Carole Rodrigue


Hello everyone!  I painted this one today alla prima, in one sitting.  I didn't record it though.  It wasn't my intention to paint alla prima today, but once I started I got lost in my work and kept on until it was done.  Had I known I would paint it alla prima, I definitely would've recorded this.

I love these quick little alla prima pieces.  They can be challenging.  Working in wet paint doesn't always turn out the way you want it to so each time is a new challenge.  It's very satisfying when it goes well and you end up with work you're happy with, as I am with this one.

My studio also has a wildlife art piece on my easel.  I started it the other day and it's a larger work that will take more time and will require a lot of layers and then detailing.  It's been a long time since I've done wildlife but I've had the itch lately, especially with birds.  I think I might start incorporating more birds in my still life work too . . .


Hope you enjoyed this one, and if you did, it is now up on eBay for auction.  I will be holding auctions for a little while again but I'm not certain for how long, so do not miss out on the chance to own original art work  for low prices! It's a great way to collect.  I don't sell my work for this low, so don't miss out!

If you want to see more of my work, don't forget to visit my website at www.carolerodrigue.com

I'll be back soon but until then, I hope you all take care.  :-)


#allaprima #oilpainting #stilllife #figs #silver #fruit #fineart #realism #realistartists 

No comments: