Monday, February 22, 2016

Boxer Dog Portrait in Progress


I've been busily working on a commission these past couple of weeks, as well as a swan painting I'd started before, but have since put a hold, and also on this gal.

Her name is Brooklyn, but her family calls her Boo Boo.  She's a four year old Boxer and is the sweetest dog.  She greets everyone with her little wiggly nub, turning her backside to you all the time with excitement as she hold toys in her mouth to show off.

Sadly, she's also been battling cancer.  She had a tumour removed two years ago and was fine, but now she has lymphoma.  She's doing quite well with medication and is back to being her sweet playful self.

This portrait was started last night and I took pictures of the first layer's progression.  I've added another layer today, which isn't shown here.  Tomorrow, another layer will be applied and then the detail work will begin.

Boo Boo's painting is in oil, painted on smooth Richeson gessoed panel.

I'm having a limited time offer on pet portraits right now, and I'm very excited to be able to offer an oil portrait of your dog, cat, horse, rabbit, or other pet for the low price of $199.00 Canadian for an 8 x 10.  If you're in the US, that means it's dirt CHEAP for you!  Pet portraits also make excellent gifts!

If you're interested in more info, contact me by clicking HERE, or visit my website at www.carolerodrigue.com    Other sizes are also available.

I'll be back soon with Boo Boo's completed portrait as well as the other commission I'm working on, which is a special guitar being painted for a client in honour of a loved one who passed away. It's been a moving piece to work on.

Thanks again for stopping by to look.  I'm also going to attach my dog speed painting video again so you can see my painting process in case you haven't seen it in other posts.  I'll make more painting demonstration videos in the future too.  :-)





#realisticpetportraits  #petpaintingcommissions  #petportraitsinoil  #petportraitprices  #dogpaintings  #dogportrait  #Boxerpainting  #petportraitsToronto  #petportraitsCanada   #animalartists 

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Your boxer dog portrait is coming along beautifully. It looks like it's finished so I can only imagine what it will look like when you can call it "done". Of course I had to see the video again....it always amazes me how easy it looks to paint and yet!!!! I hope you will show the finished boxer to us.....

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you so much Hilda! Sorry for not replying sooner. I've been away but I am always so grateful for your comments!