Sunday, March 13, 2016

Trumpeter Swan Oil Painting


Trumpeter Swan
18 x 24 Oil, Carole Rodrigue ©2016
Available


In case you haven't noticed, I've been painting things other than still life lately.  Does this mean I'm done with still life? Absolutely not.

What this means is that I'm letting myself paint whatever it is I am inspired to paint at any different point in time.  I'm refusing to be boxed into a category, (i.e. She's a still life artist.)  I want to paint it all!

Years ago I used to paint mostly animals, from horses and pets, to wildlife.  It's only in the last few years that I had focused a lot on still life.  This was crucial to my learning journey and growth as an artist and I take it for what it is.

I'm now at a point in my life and career that I need to paint for the love of it alone, the passion, and I love painting animals and always have.  I will still paint still life too.  Animals will be incorporated into my still life paintings.  This is part of the natural progression of an artist's journey and I consider it coming full circle.  So, expect more animals, more still life, and more animals in still life.  Oh, and you might find the odd landscape.  ;-) Plein air painting is on the list too.  :-D

This Trumpeter Swan is one from a local bird sanctuary.  I've been a few times these past two months for reference materials and I'm so in love with these birds.  I returned again yesterday to catch shots in the fading sun.  I was not disappointed.  There will be many swans in my work in the future, so keep checking!

I'm also currently working on a squirrel, as well as starting a new crow painting, and a very special still life.  These will take a while, especially the still life.  I am having so much fun again working.  I get up excited and looking forward to being in the studio again.  I have to admit that for a while that spark had faded a little.  Not a lot, just a little, but enough to nudge me in the right direction, one that fuels my heart and artistic passions, and that's what we're supposed to do anyway.

I'm also taking this opportunity as a reminder that I am available for commissions, whether these be still life or pets, and yes people too!  I'm leaving you with a couple of extra photos and I'll be back later this week with my squirrel!



Kayla,  pet portrait of a Golden Labrador.  She was a sweet dog and is very missed by her family.  




Dante's Apache Dragon.  This beauty's painting is in Arizona.  He is one of the most beautiful horses I have ever painted, and his colour is striking, literally.  He has wonderfully unique markings, including a lightening bolt on his cheek.  Harry Potter anyone? 


To commission your painting, visit www.carolerodrigue.com 


No comments: