Monday, April 18, 2016

Vintage Hockey Painting


The Best Game You Can Name
18 x 24 oil on linen
©2016 Carole Rodrigue
Available


Here's my latest still life painting, a sports piece with vintage hockey equipment.  I had been wanting to paint this and envisioned this for over a year and have finally been able to get the equipment together in order to paint this.  I'm very blessed to have such wonderful friends who were able to help!

This is available although I'm holding on to it for a while for a show.  If interested, you can visit my site at www.carolerodrigue.com

I'm going to be painting more similar pieces in the future.  Although the most detailed and challenging piece I've painted to date, it's also been the most satisfying and I can't tell you just how much I've loved painting this.  I'm talking getting up each morning excited to be working on this! Isn't that how it should always be?

I hope you like this.  I'm off to paint some more, a nice bird actually as well as a very large private commission I won't be showing, but am thrilled to be working on.  And remember, I still paint pet portraits too!  

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

What an absolutely amazing painting!

Carole Rodrigue said...

I'm glad you think so! Thank you!