Friday, September 23, 2016

A Very Special Pet Portrait in Oil


Remembering Molly
11 x 14 Oil on linen
Carole Rodrigue ©2016
SOLD


This special painting was commissioned by a group to give as a gift.  I'm told they all loved it very much!

Painting this was so effortless.  I'm not saying this in a bragging kind of way.  What I mean is that the soft tones, lighting, and moment were such a pleasure to paint that it did not feel like work. I love the overall softness of the lighting and tones, which I feel contributed to rendering the perfect atmosphere for this gentle scene.  The special bond captured between a man and his best friend is so moving and the love is obvious.

I can't stress enough how much of an honour it is to be entrusted to capture these special moments.  As an artist, the satisfaction comes from the positive reactions people have to these works.  If I succeeded at accurately capturing a scene, a pet, person, or a moment, and the recipients are happy, then I am immensely satisfied.  That's when I feel a job has been well done, when I get positive feedback.  That's big.  HUGE!

Now, if you're thinking of commissioning your own special pet portrait, do not delay!  The holidays are coming really fast and time is required for an oil painting.  I'm already booked into October so be sure to reserve your space now.  I work from your quality photos to perfectly capture your pet's portrait on oil or pastel. You can contact me for more info HERE.



#petportraits #petportraitcommissions #petportraitsCanada #petportraitsfromphotos #dogcommissions #catcommissions #petpaintings #dogpaintings #animalartists #petportraitsSudbury #petportraitsinoil 

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

A beautiful piece Carole! The pose is perfect and I'm sure emotional for your client !!! I had no doubt that they would love this!

Carole Rodrigue said...

You're always too kind. Thank you!