Sunday, October 2, 2016

Holly, Pet Portrait in Oil


Holly
8 x 10 Oil
Carole Rodrigue ©2016
SOLD 


When your life's passion is creating art and you can mesh that together with making people very, very  happy, then life is awesome.  Truly, flipping AWESOME!

Holly was commissioned by a client as a special gift for her grandmother.  There weren't good photos of Holly to use and I was given two photos to combine together.




One photo showed an older Holly, eyes whited by what I think are cataracts.  The client wanted the look to be young and fresh as in the photo of Holly as a pup (photo #1) but the pose of photo #2, and not too much shine or white to the fur, as well as keeping the fur out of her eyes.

This was a little tricky because at that point, you're kinda guessing what the eyes are going to look like since you don't have a reference of good eyes at that stage in life.

Long story short though: SUCCESS!

It took some work, a little back and forth with the client, a little tweaking here and there, but I was able to get Holly's look down.  There were a few people judging this piece to make sure it would be perfect for their grandmother.  I was told they were a tough bunch to please but that I had exceeded their expectations.  Their grandmother is also very happy and said that she now feels as though her Holly will always be with her.  This made my eyes mist over.  I love my job.  :-D  


#petportraits #petportraitcommissions #petportraitsfromphotos #custompetportraits #petportraitsinoil #dogpaintings #blackdogpainting


2 comments:

hmuxo said...

You love your job AND your good at it! I love looking at the original photos and you certainly aced it!!!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

I'm happy you think so! And I absolutely DO love it so much. ☺️