Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Pudlepointer Pet Portrait


Blitz the Pudlepointer
8 x 8 soft pastel on sanded paper
Carole Rodrigue ©2016


Blitz the Pudlepointer (I love that name!) was the winner in my Facebook contest for a free pet portrait.  (By the way, please go give my page a LIKE.  I'd really love you, and thank you.)

I cannot tell you how much fun it was to paint this gorgeous fella.  I love the soft window light as he gazes out at who knows what.  It is definitely the type of painting I love to work on!

This was also the first time I worked with sanded paper.  I love how it takes a lot of pastel layers without being fussy.  Since I love to work in a lot of layers with my oil paints, it's definitely suitable for my style of work. I'll definitely be working with this again.

I hope you enjoy Blitz the Pudlepointer!  If you want to inquire about your own pet portrait commission, visit my website by clicking HERE.




#petportraits #dogpaintings #softpasteldogpaintings #animalart #petportraitsfromphotos #custompetportraits 

No comments: