Monday, January 2, 2017

Golden Retriever Portrait in Oil


Ginger
11 x 14 oil on canvas
Carole Rodrigue ©2016
SOLD


This private commission was painted as a a very special memorial gift for Christmas.  When I saw the reference, I gasped at how beautiful this dog was and knew that this would be a very special painting.

While I'm very saddened for the client and her family that their beloved dog is now gone, I'm so honoured that I was selected to paint this beauty.  The reference was perfect: it was high resolution, clear with very visible eyes and features, and beautiful soft outdoor lighting.  The pose was so sweet, expressing a loving gentleness. It's the sort of reference that artists dream about because you just know this is going to be a very special piece.

I'm told it brought tears to the owner, but I hope this painting will now bring fond memories and smiles.


#petportraits #petportraitsfromphotos #petportaitsinoil #goldenretrieverpaintings #goldenretrieverart #petportraitsCanada

No comments: