Monday, September 25, 2017

Nemmie, Pastel Cat Portrai



Nemmie
6 x 6 Pastel
Carole Rodrigue ©2017
SOLD


This painting was commissioned during the summer and painted over one month ago.  I had to keep this beauty hush and believe me, WAS IT EVER HARD!

Nemmie is a nickname for Nemr.  He is a very beloved cat and was commissioned as a birthday present.

When I received the request, I was immediately excited.  Anyone who knows me knows how much I love chiaroscuro and anything with a black background.  The reference photo had a darker background, so naturally I wanted to paint it black with Nemr coming out from the dark, with the empasis on these amazing eyes.  This is what I love about a dark background, especially black, the subject has zero competition.  It's you and the subject, and when such eyes are looking back at you, the results are magical.  This is why I was so excited to show this guy!  I just love this!

I hope you love this too.  If you do and you're curious about what could be done for your pet, do not hesitate to contact me using the button on the side of this page.  There are tabs above too where you can see more artwork on my website as well as commission info.

Now currently sitting on my easel is another cat, a third commission request from a client.  That means so much to me when clients ask me for more! Anyway, I'm recording the process and I hope the video turns out because this is another painting I'm super stoked about!  ~Did I ever say how I had the best clients?~

Thanks for looking!  Gotta get back to my next cat . . .  ~insert giant toothy grin~



A very happy birthday girl with her husband and a framed Nemmie painting. 



#catpaintings #realisticcatart #petportraits #petartists #petportraitartists 

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

A gorgeous cat portrait Carole! I can see how much they love it!!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

Thank you Hilda! I'm so happy they loved it, especially because I really love this little painting myself!