Sunday, September 17, 2017

Skylar, Maine Coon Painting in Oil


Skylar
6 x 6 oil
Carole Rodrigue  ©2017 


Oh my!  I completed this one several days back but completely forgot to post it here. 

Skylar was the second painting in a two piece commission.  In case you missed it, his house mate Baxter was completed last week.

They are both big and beautiful Maine Coon cats and I can't tell you how much fun I had painting them.  They're both painted on Richeson panel, which lends itself quite well to painting fur.  It's probably my favourite support for fur, in fact, as well as small detail.

Folks, the Christmas rush has already begun for me and I have paintings I can't share yet.  This also means that if you were planning on getting a pet portrait commissioned painting, waiting until last minute would be a bad, bad idea.  Very bad.  Chances are I won't be able to book you in before Christmas if you wait.  Don't forget, oil paintings take a while because they are created in layers, each needing to dry before the next can be applied.  This isn't something that's done in a couple of days.  Pastels are quicker, but like I said, my list of commissions is already building.  Do not wait to book your spot!  I did have to turn away people last year.  Having art commissioned is not a last minute thing or an afterthought.  Sorry, but these things take time.  

If you need to contact me, just look to the right of your screen for the big CONTACT button.

Thanks for looking and I'll be back hopefully soon with stuff I can show.  :-D 


#petportraits #commissionapetportrait #custompetportraits #petportraitsinoil #pastelpetportraits 


2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Your work always amazes me Carole. Skylar is beautifully painted....her eyes says so much!!!

Carole Rodrigue said...

You are too kind! And I just love Skylar's eyes, as well as Baxter's. Looks like I'll soon be painting their sister in the next month. Another beauty!